DMCA Notice (US Digital Copyright Protection Act)
In accordance with Title 17 of the United States Code, Section 512 (c) (2), notices of copyright infringement claims must be sent to the designated Service Provider Agent.
Notifications must be submitted to the following Designated Agent: Service Provider: Mates2
Name of Agent Designated to Receive Offense Notifications: Designated Agent Mates2
Full address of the Designated Agent to whom the notification must be sent: 1922 100th Avenue, Laval, Quebec, H7W 5N5
Appointed Agent's Telephone Number: +1 888-407-0674
Designated Agent Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the notification to be taken into account, it must be in writing and contain the following elements:
- a physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right alleged to have been infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed or, if more than one copyrighted work on a particular online site is subject to a single notification , the list representing the said works on this site;
- the identification of the content allegedly copied or copied, and which must be deleted or access to be disabled, and sufficient information, to a reasonable extent, to allow us to locate the content concerned;
- sufficient information to enable us to contact the complaining party such as an address, a telephone number and, if possible, an email address to which the complaining party can be contacted;
- a statement from the complainant stating that he is satisfied in good faith that the offending use of the content is not authorized by the copyright owner, his agent, or the law; and
- an attestation that the information contained in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that has been infringed.
We may send you a notice that we have removed or disabled access to certain content. This notice may take the form of a general notice on any Mates2 service, an e-mail sent to the user on an e-mail address in our possession, or a priority mail to the postal address that we have about you. If you receive such notice, you may, by writing to the Designated Agent, provide a counter notification that contains the information below. To be taken into account, this counter notification must be in writing and contain the following:
- your physical or electronic signature
- the identification of content that has been deleted or whose access has been disabled, as well as the location of the content prior to its removal or deactivation;
- a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the Content has been deleted or blocked as a result of an error or misidentification of the Content to be deleted or blocked; and
- your name, mailing address and telephone number, as well as a statement in which you accept the jurisdiction of the court of the federal district in which your mailing address is located, or, if your mailing address is outside the United States, any judicial proceeding in the jurisdiction where Mates2 is present, and that you will accept the service of the person who provided the notification of a potential breach of content or the agent of such a person.